Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping switches in "Overview of Resource Reservation in Sandbox"

martingryan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm doing the first module in the NX-OS programmability track and everything went according to plan (generally) but after bringing up the VPN, I cannot ping the management interface of any of the NXs, "server 1" or "server 2".    I *am* able to ping the "centos" and "windows" workstations.

Looking at my routing table locally after the vpn is up shows routes being added by the VPN software;

172.16.30.0/24 and 10.10.20.0/24 but I'm only able to reach hosts on the latter, not the former.  Using traceroute and the VPN stats tab, I can see the packets going off to devnetsandboxlabs.cisco.com but nothing comes back if the target is a host on the first network listed above.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

crnewman
Level 5
Level 5

I checked the system and don't see any current NX-OS reservations, so I'm unable to troubleshoot your specific issue.  I recommend you try another reservation and see if the problem re-occurs.  If it does, please extend the reservation to the extent possible to give us an opportunity to troubleshoot. 

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

crnewman
Level 5
Level 5

I checked the system and don't see any current NX-OS reservations, so I'm unable to troubleshoot your specific issue.  I recommend you try another reservation and see if the problem re-occurs.  If it does, please extend the reservation to the extent possible to give us an opportunity to troubleshoot. 

Regards,

Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: