Views
Helpful
Replies

virl issue with Sandbox-Cert error?

Richard G.
Level 1
Level 1

I tried the following from my ubuntu vm and it failed/with the following error

I did a pip install of all virlutils etc. I also tried the same w/ the devbox in the sanbox and got the same error

any ideas?

I can get output from the virl sanbox like "virl search"  with no issue:

However I get the following

From my box

(01_venv) me@-VirtualBox:~$ virl up virlfiles/5_router_mesh
Pulling from virlfiles/5_router_mesh
Exception raised while running your command
Please re-run as 'virl --debug ...' and collect the output before opening an issue
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='raw.githubusercontent.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /virlfiles/5_router_mesh/master/topology.virl
(Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate
(_ssl.c:1108)')))
Pulling from default

From the Sandbox 

[developer@devbox ~]$virl up virlfiles/5_router_mesh
Pulling from virlfiles/5_router_mesh
Please open an issue and provide this info:
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='raw.githubusercontent.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /virlfiles/5_router_mesh/master/topology.virl (Caused by NewConn ectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x1bd9d10>: F ailed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolu tion',))
Pulling from default
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='raw.githubusercontent.com', port=443):
Max retries exceeded with url: /default/master/topology.virl (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x144acd0>:
Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution',))
Pulling from default

2 Replies 2

carlocon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While trying to run the Open NX-OS with Nexus 9Kv lab I tried to execute virl up command to create the NX-OS boxes, instead I kept receiving this message over and over:

[developer@devbox learning_labs]$virl up

Pulling from default
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='raw.githubusercontent.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /default/master/topology.virl (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x304bd10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution',))

Seems like a problem in communication with the repository but not sure if this is temporal or something I can do to fix it

Regards,

mirceanistor
Level 1
Level 1

from virlutils readme:

CML_VERIFY_CERT - The path to a PEM-encoded certificate file to use to verify the CML controller VM's SSL certificate. If you do not wish to verify the certificate, set this to "False"

Example:

export CML_VERIFY_CERT=/etc/certs/ca_bundle.pem

as they mention, you can set CML_VERIFY_CERT=false, if you don't wish to verify certificate.

you can set that in your ~/.virlrc as well.