Views
Helpful
Replies

virl issue with Sandbox-Cert error?

Richard G.
Level 1
Level 1

I tried the following from my ubuntu vm and it failed/with the following error

I did a pip install of all virlutils etc. I also tried the same w/ the devbox in the sanbox and got the same error

any ideas?

I can get output from the virl sanbox like "virl search"  with no issue:

However I get the following

From my box

(01_venv) me@-VirtualBox:~$ virl up virlfiles/5_router_mesh
Pulling from virlfiles/5_router_mesh
Exception raised while running your command
Please re-run as 'virl --debug ...' and collect the output before opening an issue
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='raw.githubusercontent.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /virlfiles/5_router_mesh/master/topology.virl
(Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate
(_ssl.c:1108)')))
Pulling from default

From the Sandbox 

[developer@devbox ~]$virl up virlfiles/5_router_mesh
Pulling from virlfiles/5_router_mesh
Please open an issue and provide this info:
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='raw.githubusercontent.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /virlfiles/5_router_mesh/master/topology.virl (Caused by NewConn ectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x1bd9d10>: F ailed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolu tion',))
Pulling from default
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='raw.githubusercontent.com', port=443):
Max retries exceeded with url: /default/master/topology.virl (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x144acd0>:
Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution',))
Pulling from default

2 Replies 2

carlocon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While trying to run the Open NX-OS with Nexus 9Kv lab I tried to execute virl up command to create the NX-OS boxes, instead I kept receiving this message over and over:

[developer@devbox learning_labs]$virl up

Pulling from default
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='raw.githubusercontent.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /default/master/topology.virl (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x304bd10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution',))

Seems like a problem in communication with the repository but not sure if this is temporal or something I can do to fix it

Regards,

mirceanistor
Level 1
Level 1

from virlutils readme:

CML_VERIFY_CERT - The path to a PEM-encoded certificate file to use to verify the CML controller VM's SSL certificate. If you do not wish to verify the certificate, set this to "False"

Example:

export CML_VERIFY_CERT=/etc/certs/ca_bundle.pem

as they mention, you can set CML_VERIFY_CERT=false, if you don't wish to verify certificate.

you can set that in your ~/.virlrc as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: