Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Separate a cluster switch 9200 into 2 groups

sebasmegot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.
I have the following query in case you have gone through this scenario: A customer has a stack of 5 9200 switches, which form a cluster between them, for reasons of space is required to separate this cluster into two groups, for example one of 3 and one of 2, joining these two "new clusters" by fiber.

I have not found documentation that allows me to do this, other than to extract the switches to be separated from the cluster, delete the current configuration, load the configuration with a new stack for the extracted switches. Both stacks are expected to have their own management IP.

Is this possible?

Thank you for your help

1 SOLUCIÓN ACEPTADA

Soluciones aceptadas

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i do not believe you can do flexi stack with Fibre on these models

Only option, they work as separate stack, you can connect them Layer 2 bundling each other for Layer 2 connectivity to extend the VLANS.

Both stacks are expected to have their own management IP.

if you have OOB you can have different IP for connect to switches, or you can also do inband using one of the management VLAN extend SVI to new stack.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 RESPUESTAS 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i do not believe you can do flexi stack with Fibre on these models

Only option, they work as separate stack, you can connect them Layer 2 bundling each other for Layer 2 connectivity to extend the VLANS.

Both stacks are expected to have their own management IP.

if you have OOB you can have different IP for connect to switches, or you can also do inband using one of the management VLAN extend SVI to new stack.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for your response!