Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 
cancel
Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Dhcp server and router on a stick

I have a router on a stick scenario with a dhcp server and the router as dhcp relay, but if I put a pc in the same vlan of the dhcp server it gets the IP address in the correct subnet but within the excluded adresses range, without the gateway ip and wrong dns, I think this is because the giaddr being 0.0.0.0 as the recuest doesn't reach the relay agent, maybe someone can explain better and give some light here, thanks

1 SOLUCIÓN ACEPTADA

Soluciones aceptadas

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @EduardoSotomayor7124 

This is my theory:

In PacketTracer, when using a server as DHCP, a default pool called "serverpool" is created, which takes the parameters configured in the IP configuration of the server:

Captura de Pantalla 2019-11-22 a la(s) 19.13.04.png

Captura de Pantalla 2019-11-22 a la(s) 19.06.35.png

This "serverpool" only takes the network and mask parameters (red arrows), but no gateway or dns (blue arrows).

A PC connected to the same vlan will obtain the parameters of this "serverpool":

Captura de Pantalla 2019-11-22 a la(s) 19.14.30.png

To solve it, you can edit the parameters of this "serverpool" and adjust it to what you need.
Then you save the changes and on the PC you renew the DHCP request:

Captura de Pantalla 2019-11-22 a la(s) 19.19.30.png

Captura de Pantalla 2019-11-22 a la(s) 19.21.17.png

Hopefully my theory is correct and solve your doubt.

Regards

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 RESPUESTAS 4

Hi,

It could be a bug, could you please share your configuration?

Thank you

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @EduardoSotomayor7124 

This is my theory:

In PacketTracer, when using a server as DHCP, a default pool called "serverpool" is created, which takes the parameters configured in the IP configuration of the server:

Captura de Pantalla 2019-11-22 a la(s) 19.13.04.png

Captura de Pantalla 2019-11-22 a la(s) 19.06.35.png

This "serverpool" only takes the network and mask parameters (red arrows), but no gateway or dns (blue arrows).

A PC connected to the same vlan will obtain the parameters of this "serverpool":

Captura de Pantalla 2019-11-22 a la(s) 19.14.30.png

To solve it, you can edit the parameters of this "serverpool" and adjust it to what you need.
Then you save the changes and on the PC you renew the DHCP request:

Captura de Pantalla 2019-11-22 a la(s) 19.19.30.png

Captura de Pantalla 2019-11-22 a la(s) 19.21.17.png

Hopefully my theory is correct and solve your doubt.

Regards

The Problem was the default srvpool of packet tracer, thanks for the help.

Hilda Arteaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear @luis_cordova and @Julio E. Moisa thanks for assisting Eduardo with his query 

@EduardoSotomayor7124 thansk for extending your question in the community, if you wish you can post questions in Spanish as well