Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Install trusted certificate on WLC C9800-CL - captive portal

Electronic20
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Community,

I enabled the captive portal on the C9800-CL WLC, but the users see the portal website indicating an untrusted certificate warning, that is, an untrusted web page.

But they can still navigate, the issue is that that warning should not appear.

How can this be resolved?
I understand that the client should generate a public certificate by a certifying entity, what would the process of installing the certificate on the WLC C9800-CL be like?

2 RESPUESTAS 2

Hi @Electronic20 

Yes, you're right, you need to install a certified signed by CA Public entity, and you will find information about how to uploaded intros link:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/213917-generate-csr-for-third-party-certificate.html

Please leave know your advance, cause I'm in the same process... waiting for my client getting a public certificate

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

Hi @Daniel Ordóñez Flores 

In the link I don't see a certificate related to the captive portal or is it related in some way?

I also see that you have to upload the certificate on all laptops, is there no way to make it automatic or do you trust the captive portal certificate automatically without uploading the certificate to the laptop, PC or other?