Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding second ethernet interface on VM ESA

bsam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 2 virtual appliances of ESA in cluster which on the initial installation was configured with only 1 ethernet interface. Now I want to add second interface to use it only for management. I have added the second interface from the hyper-visor to the VM but the appliance doesn't recognize it.

Is there something specific what should I do or I have to begin from scratch? 

Appliance is c100v

3 Replies 3

If you deleted the ones that it deployed with, you may try rebooting it to see if it shows up under Network/interfaces.

TAC might be able to make it see it from the backend...

I would try those before a redeploy.

Wrooby
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi There!

If you have access to the CLI you can run ifconfig to review the logical IP interfaces your appliance has available to it. If you see it there you should be able to run interfaceconfig to configure the new interface.

Also, have you tried ye 'ol reboot? The appliance may not detect the new logical card without one of those.

---Cheers!

bsam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I am not trying to add new logical interface, but to add new Ethernet interface. I’ve tried ifconfig but it only gives me option to add logical interfaces to existing Ethernet interface(no option for adding new ethethernet interface). And reboot doesn’t help also.