cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding text in subject

KTD1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.  To counteract spear phishing attempts, i'd like to add a text string to the beginning of every subject received from the outside.  Seems like a perfect job for an inbound content filter.  The condition is simple: Remote IP\Hostname Is Not myinternalmailserver

But, there does not seem to be an action that will modify the subject.  I can add some disclaimer text at the beginning of the email, and in testing it's working great, but i'd rather put the text in the subject.

Any ideas?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The subject is just another header.

Pick "Add/Edit Header", set the name to "Subject"

Set the "Prepend to..." value and you're set.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

The subject is just another header.

Pick "Add/Edit Header", set the name to "Subject"

Set the "Prepend to..." value and you're set.

That seemed too easy...  Thanks for your help, that worked perfectly.

One more question on this.  It's working great, but every time there's a reply to an external email, another tag gets added to the subject, example

Incoming email gets tagged -> reply back to sender -> reply back to internal user (now has two tags on subject)..

Any thoughts on how to suppress ongoing tags?

thanks

Do a test for the subject in the Conditions.  Select "Subject Header", then select "Does not contain" and put the text that you're prepending...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: