cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

All messages in "message tracking" show empty subject (c300v)

AndreyM
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings.

We are using two c300v servers, and on one of them we cant see subject lines in message tracking (for both incoming and outgoing mail). Messages themselves have valid subjects so its not an issue with mailserver (especially since that happens with incoming mail aswell). Issue only shows up in message tracking.

On second server everything works fine and there are no issues whatsoever.

I cannot figure out why that happens, any help will be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can't confirm if its a defect without looking at the logs and since there is no SMA involved it rules out any compatibility issues as well.

Async OS 8.5 will no longer be supported after Spetember 30 as per below notice so my recommendation would be to upgrade the Async OS at this point.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/email-security-appliance/eos-eol-notice-c51-737629.html

- Libin V

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the Async OS version on the ESA's?

If they are in a cluster and issue is only on one of them, it could be an issue with the message tracking database which would need to be reviewed by TAC.

Regards,

Libin Varghese

They arent clustered, current AsyncOS version is the same on both - 8.5.6-073

Are these message tracking for emails that were processed completely by the ESA.

Emails with connection lost (ICID lost) or ending with receiving aborted may not display a subject depending on how much information was received by the ESA.

Is this happening for all emails on that ESA or specific emails with certain errors?

- Libin V

it happens for absolutely all emails (both incoming and outgoing) that are being processed by that server. messages themselves show up fine after delivery to recipient mailboxes, so end users dont notice anything. Its only inconvenient for administrators because its becoming hard to track spam messages without having subjects of messages.

subject is empty only in message tracking interface on ESA

Can't confirm if its a defect without looking at the logs and since there is no SMA involved it rules out any compatibility issues as well.

Async OS 8.5 will no longer be supported after Spetember 30 as per below notice so my recommendation would be to upgrade the Async OS at this point.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/email-security-appliance/eos-eol-notice-c51-737629.html

- Libin V

I figured that upgrading would be the easiest solution, just wanted to check if, maybe, that was a known issue.

Thank you for quick replies, much appreciated.