Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect server communication error iPhone 12

im using anyconncet to conect with vpn client and im using it for both iphone 6s and iphone 12 , it start to give me a message that said "connection attempt has failed due to server communication error " and no matter how many i tried to reconnect and delete the app and the vpn confeg. nothing working even though on iPhone 6s everything working as it should be and no issue 

13 Replies 13

ZacL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am so glad to see you wrote this because I have encountered the exact problem yesterday. I was trying to reconnect my connection in AnyConnect on my iPhone 12 but the message "Connection attempt has failed due to server communication errors. Please retry the connection." kept popping up no matter how many times I tried to reconnect. I also attempted to reinstalled the app and to reset network settings but none of them worked. My iPad mini 5 also failed to connect to the same server address with the exact message, but the connection works well on iPhone 7. Initially I thought that might be a problem on my end but after seeing this post I am starting to think it might be a software issue. Could someone help us out here?

Best,

ZacL 

A new update: My iPhone 7 also failed to connect with the same problem:(

update: also my iphone 6s stop working it seems that bugs or something because before my old phone wasn't connected to the internet after the problem i connected it to the internet and after couples hour the same issue appear so i thing we should wait the update from cisco or something 

Thank you for letting me know. Please do keep me updated if you find a workaround!

May I also ask what's your server address that you tried to connect in AnyConnect?

Hi Zacl, you can try to update your server address and reconnect.

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may want to post this under VPN forums for better visibility.

Regards,

Libin

Hi Libin,

Thank you very much. Could you help me to navigate to the forums please? If possible could you also help us to reach AnyConnect professionals who could potentially solve this problem? This seems like a very recent problem and not a lot of discussions on the internet have been posted.

Best,

ZacL

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VPN discussions are here: https://community.cisco.com/t5/vpn/bd-p/6001-discussions-vpn

You could also put in a TAC case if you need to work with someone directly regarding the issue.

Yvonne2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, they’ve changed the server address today. You can update your server address and then try to reconnect.

Hey Yvonne2, can you advise how to update the address? I am a new user and don't know how. I appreciate your help!

Hi, if you are using iOS, please open the “Cisco AnyConnect” app, then
click “connections”, change the server address to “xybgj.net:1443”.
After all these have been done, click “save” and then enter you account and
password to reconnect.
Not sure if this can work for you, I connected successfully by changing the
server address.

Thanks! I've got another address and it works well now. It is also XXX.NET:1443