Views
Helpful
Replies

AsyncOS CLI enhancement request, allow disabling pager

Tomi Hakala
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on AsyncOS support for network device backup tool called Oxidized, unfortunately CLI of AsyncOS is quite troublesome for this use. My main concern with AsyncOS's CLI is its pager which requires extra handling and can cause outputted configuration be malformed. I have not found any option to disable pager so I guess AsyncOS lacks this feature?

Please consider adding option to disable CLI pager in upcoming AsyncOS versions.

Also please consider adding a "mask password" option for "showconfig" command so that it would not be necessary to answer Y after showconfig command.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately - when it comes to 3rd party applications running against/in-conjunction with our OS, requests like these will not be directly assessed and implemented.  I'll take them into advisement and pass them along.

There is not a way to disable the pager for usage such as you have provided.

-Robert

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately - when it comes to 3rd party applications running against/in-conjunction with our OS, requests like these will not be directly assessed and implemented.  I'll take them into advisement and pass them along.

There is not a way to disable the pager for usage such as you have provided.

-Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: