cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block other language email.

rockbd
Level 1
Level 1

I am new in using IronPort as email gateway and recently we get lot of mail written in other language then English. I make a content filters to block mail other language then English but i think it is not working.

Can anyone help me how to block or how to make work that content filter rule.

Thanks in advance.

Imtiaz

11 Replies 11

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Imtiaz,

For Async OS before 10 you would need to create dictionaries with a list of characters to block.

Dictionaries are added under Mail Policies -> Dictionaries

This dictionary can then be used in content filters to match the body of an email.

However, I would recommend upgrading the appliance to Async OS 10 to make use of language detection using content/message filters.

Please review the What's New section in the below release notes

Content Filter Condition and Message Filter Rule to Detect Message Language:

You can now use the content and message filters to detect the language of the message (subject and body) and take different actions based on the message language.

See the “Content Filters” chapter or the “Using Message Filters to Enforce Email Policies” chapter in the user guide or online help.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/esa/esa10-0/ESA_10-0_Release_Notes.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/esa/esa10-0/ESA_10-0_User_Guide.pdf

Thanks
Libin Varghese

Dear Libin

Thanks for the reply. I will look in to the document you have send too me.

My IronPort OS Version is 10 and trying to use the content filtering option but this is not working. I think i miss configure the rule or didn't apply the rule properly. But if you guide me what is the correct way to detect and block the language based rule it will be very helpful to me.

Imtiaz

Can block "zh-cn,zh-tw" but i think there are other cn language which is not included in the ironport and not blocked by ironport what to do now. Lot of mail coming like following content

電子郵件服務器警報

電子郵件主題

您的郵箱將在幾個小時的時間來終止

電郵訊息

我們剛剛收到您的請求 終止您的電子郵件帳

這個命令將在短期內執行
如果你沒有這個命令的 知識,那麼建議您立即 取消此訂單。

點擊此處阻止電子郵件閉幕

但是,如果你不取消這個 順序,那麼你的帳戶將被 取消激活,您的所有電子 郵件數據將永久丟失。

電子郵件來源:

電子郵件管理員

尊敬的%0% 我們剛收到您終止您的電子郵件帳戶的要求 該命令將在短時間內執行如果您不知道此命令,那麼我們建議您立即取消此訂單。 點擊這裡阻止電子郵件關閉 - 0% 但是,如果您不取消此訂單,您的帳戶將被停用,您的所有電子郵件數據將永久丟失。     電子郵件來源:    電子郵件管理員

Hello,

You can also try using the Message Language 'Undetermined [unknown]' category.

If you do come across any languages not supported then please open up a TAC case and we can create a Feature Request for you in order to try and have them added in a future revision.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Dear Dennis

Thanks for the reply.

My problem is my native language is not english (bangla is my native language). so as far as my knowledge if i block apply that (Undetermined [unknown]) then my native language will be block also. Actually i don't know yet what is TAC and how to open a case there. So can't open a case there right now.

Thanks again.

imtiaz

Hello,

Thanks for the info. Yes, in that case it may not work that well. If need be, you could always create a separate Mail Policy / Content Filter for testing to confirm how it would impact your native language.

TAC would be the Technical Assistance Center for Cisco. This is whom you typically contact if/when you open a Support case.

More info here : http://www.cisco.com/support

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Dear Dennis

Thanks for the query.

I will contact to my vendor for the support id which will be helpful to work on. Till now i don't kw the support id of my ironport.

Thanks again.

imtiaz

I've found that there are at least 4 CN languages of which you've already mentioned 2 CN languages(tw & cn)

"
Chinese (Hong Kong) zh-hk
Chinese (PRC) zh-cn
Chinese (Singapore) zh-sg
Chinese (Taiwan) zh-tw

"

hope this helps.

landertcsi
Level 1
Level 1

I would prefer to have additional languages on V10, like Vietnamese or Thai.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't find any option like Vietnamese or Thai. I like to add here i am doing this from the web interface. Also i check the mail contain it is detected as Chinese in google translator.

You're right, there is no option for Vietnamese or Thai, but it would be nice to see that, maybe in the next release.