cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Business Class Email program & transparent end to end encryption......

erik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am a newbie to Cisco products so bear with me.  I guess first, I am trying to deploy your "business class email" program on my android tablet for starters in order to secure my email somewhat - however after the program instructs me to enter my domain email address, when I go back and look at my settings, it shows "no secure accounts".  So my question is then what is the point of your program on the android?  If I need to download something else your instructions make no reference to that.  Take a look at the 2 screenshots herein that reference what I am speaking of here and please advise.

I guess even furthermore, or what interests me the most at this point in what I've seen in email security with Cisco is contained within the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/zixgateway-cisco-technology/index.html

But I have not a clue how to get this service.  I am a very small nonprofit with huge email demands, mainly confidentiality reasonings, and I just do not have thousands of dollars to dish out to Cisco/Zix - so - my question is who can I contact to get at minimum a trial of this service?

And if anyone that works with the Cisco Foundation reads this - I would like to contact you for nonprofit assistance with some of these products.

My next questions surround that of your latest technology in wireless business class routers, etc...  Can someone point me in the right direction here? Please feel free to message me directly as I need answers to these items ASAP.

Thanks for you patience here and happy holidays, 

Erik

3 Replies 3

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Erik,

The Business Class Email (BCE) app is meant to assist with decryption/encryption of emails sent/received using Cisco Registered Envelope Service (CRES). What this means is that you would need to register (no charge) and have an account for CRES in order to use the BCE app. If you do not currently have an account, you can speak with our CRES end-user support team and they should be able to assist you. Their contact info is here : Contacting CRES Support.

Once you register an account, you should be able to use the BCE app when receiving CRES emails. You would click on the attachment within the secure envelope and open it using the BCE app after entering your credentials. 

You can review further details on the app and setup/administration/etc from the guides I've attached. Alternatively, you can view our encryption user guides page for additional details : Cisco Encryption End-User Guides.

Regarding your other questions, you should be able to use the link below and reach out to us via email/phone. Then, I'm sure we would be able to get you in touch with someone regarding sales/support for non-profits.

Contact Cisco Support

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

I think for my purposes your Zix/Cisco secure email application is more doable for me and would prove much more beneficial to my agency.  If for no other reason because I work with some very severely mentally ill persons that would never, in a million years, have the patience for the red envelope old method.

So how do I sign up for this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/zixgateway-cisco-technolo...

I cannot seem to ascertain where to navigate to now.

Best, 

Erik

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Erik,

It looks like there is a telephone number on the Zix Gateway link you provided. I would advise contacting the number and they should be able to get you in touch with who you need.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: