cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C000V to C100V

sdonnelly41
Level 1
Level 1

We have been running a trial of the ESA C000V and recently purchased Premium bundled services with AMP. I was looking to deploy the C100V, which I thought was basically export the config from the trial VM to this new VM but it did not work. After the import the C100V threw application errors not allowing us to login via the GUI. Any chance someone can outline what steps I need to take?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

They have to be the exact same build number of the OS and security services...

Get your C100 up and running with the exact same build using dhcp or other ip addresses. Get the license on it, and enable all of the various security pieces you have (AV, antispam, etc) . Click on "Get Updates" on all of those pages so their versions match the ones running on the C000.

Now save the configuration file from the C000 with passwords in plain text to your computer. Suspend the listeners so any mail in flight gets delivered but no maIL gets stuck on the C000
Shut down the c000 (or disconnect the network cards) Upload the configuration and check the box to load the network settings on the C100.

The 100 should now have the same name and ips as the 000

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

They have to be the exact same build number of the OS and security services...

Get your C100 up and running with the exact same build using dhcp or other ip addresses. Get the license on it, and enable all of the various security pieces you have (AV, antispam, etc) . Click on "Get Updates" on all of those pages so their versions match the ones running on the C000.

Now save the configuration file from the C000 with passwords in plain text to your computer. Suspend the listeners so any mail in flight gets delivered but no maIL gets stuck on the C000
Shut down the c000 (or disconnect the network cards) Upload the configuration and check the box to load the network settings on the C100.

The 100 should now have the same name and ips as the 000

I will do this and report back ASAP. Thank you for taking the time to respond.