cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IronPort, message stucks too long in "Message queued for delivery" !

mikelpham88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I'm facing a problem now when my cisco ironport take too long to start to deliver message, like image below:

It take 15 minutes for queue for delivery (13:39) to start to delivery (13:52).

Every message are stuck like that.

The System CPU, RAM of Cisco ESA is normal

So where are further logs on IronPort so that i could find the solution

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The message tracking shows the email was processed without issues and the ESA could not create a delivery connection (DCID) with the destination server.

Below article describes some steps to troubleshoot delivery issues.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/118467-technote-esa-00.html

If the destination IP is the same on all these emails I would recommend setting up a packet capture for the IP from Help and Support -> Packet Capture to determine if this is a network related problem.

As this is an inbound email the destination server should be an internal exchange server IP and I would expect outbound emails to other destination IP's are working normally. It could very well be the internal exchange throttling connections from the ESA, do you see any errors on that server?

The packet capture would be the best method to begin troubleshooting.

Regards
Libin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The message tracking shows the email was processed without issues and the ESA could not create a delivery connection (DCID) with the destination server.

Below article describes some steps to troubleshoot delivery issues.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/118467-technote-esa-00.html

If the destination IP is the same on all these emails I would recommend setting up a packet capture for the IP from Help and Support -> Packet Capture to determine if this is a network related problem.

As this is an inbound email the destination server should be an internal exchange server IP and I would expect outbound emails to other destination IP's are working normally. It could very well be the internal exchange throttling connections from the ESA, do you see any errors on that server?

The packet capture would be the best method to begin troubleshooting.

Regards
Libin

Hi Libin, Thank you for your reply and sorry for reply you lately.

I've found out that the Internal Exchange Server have lost connection to queury DNS so that the Anti-Spam Engine on Exchange Server takes so long time to process the Incoming Messages from IronPort.

Finally, everything is OK now.

Brs

Glad to hear that. Thank you for sharing what caused the issue.

- Libin

thanks you.