cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Command line installation options for Ironport Email Security Plug-in

Scott Lehman
Level 1
Level 1

We're getting ready to implement email encryption with our C160.  I want to deploy the Outlook plug-in to my users using SCCM.  According to the administrator guide I should be able to do this however I have downloaded the current version of the plug-in and it doesn't seem to support the command line options described in the administrator guide.  Specifically the /f1 switch (page 3-17 of admin guide) used to pass the setup.iss file doesn't work.  This command is then referenced to be used for the distribution package in SCCM.  I'm trying to use CiscoEmailSecurity-7-1-1-002.exe.

Am I missing something?  Or has something changed in the deployment method?  Thanks for your help.

commandlineoptions.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Scott,

Can you include the exact syntax your using?

it should look like this,

Start /w CiscoEmailSecurity_7-1-1-002.exe /s /v /qn /f1"J:\install_711002.iss

Christopher C Smith

CSE

Cisco IronPort Customer Support

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Scott,

Can you include the exact syntax your using?

it should look like this,

Start /w CiscoEmailSecurity_7-1-1-002.exe /s /v /qn /f1"J:\install_711002.iss

Christopher C Smith

CSE

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the fast response.  I see the problem.  I had a space between the /f1 and the path to the file.  Tried it without the space and it worked.

Thanks again for the quick response!

HI Scott,

Glad I could help, thanks for using the forums!

Christopher C Smith

CSE

Yeah, thanks for using the forums, I snagged this one as we are just now spooling up a SCCM environment...

Long live the IronPort Nation!!!!

Jason