cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure ESA C190 to push Syslogs to multiple collectors

Rachel Bautista
Level 1
Level 1

We have two Cisco IronPort ESA C190s on OS 10.0.1-087.  

Our Security team has a requirement that we begin pushing syslogs to our SIEM device (Logrythm).  Our team currently pushes syslogs to our infrastructure management collector (Loginsight).

I need to be able to push syslogs to both locations.  I don't see a way to do it in the GUI, can it be done via commandline?

The issue is that our team doesn't have access to the security team's SIEM device so I can't use those logs to troubleshoot issues so I need both OR I need verification that only one can be used so they have a compelling reason to grant me access.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can add one for a log you already have.

You'll have to give it a new log name. (aka the directory)

You can use the same file name if you want (since it will be going to a different directory)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Create multiple log subscriptions, one pointed at each destination.

It's under System Administration/Log Subscriptions.

Sorry, that didn't answer my question.  I need to know how to configure MULTIPLE syslog collectors.

I am well aware of how to configure it to push syslogs in general via the GUI.

You can't create one log sub and send it to multiple places.

You have to create a new log subscription for each destination.

The Logtype can be the same, the log name/logfile name have to be different, and the "Retrieval Method" is Syslog push will go to different IPs.

Just to clarify, I can add a second subscription to a log type I already have listed and set it to go to a different syslog location?

Will it create the new log file or do I have to manually give it a different file name?

Yes, you can add one for a log you already have.

You'll have to give it a new log name. (aka the directory)

You can use the same file name if you want (since it will be going to a different directory)

I'll try that. Thanks!