Views
Helpful
Replies

Email encryption feature

Vishal6
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does Cisco CES have feature to encrypt mail sent towards specific domain/server [xyz.com, abc.com] for outbound direction

7 Replies 7

If TLS in the SMTP conversation is enough, in the Gui, under Mail Policies/Destination Controls you can set set it to force encryption for specific domains, and what to do if an encrypted connection can't be created.

which option need to select from tls support to encrypt mails from particular domain

Vishal6_0-1717049972510.png

The screen shot you posted is for configuring outbound mail TO a specific domain.  At the top you put in the domain you're sending to, then in TLS support, you pick the configuration you need.  Look at the help on this page, and make sure you understand what the Verify Hosted Domains check, especially the section titled "Enabling TLS and Certificate Verification on Delivery"

destcontrol.PNG

To force mail to be sent TO YOU over TLS, you have to do that using Mail Flow Policies

I found something in content filter to encrypt mails for particular domain. PFA and let me know will it fulfill my requirement?.

You haven't specified your requirements specifically...

ESA supports 2 different typs of mail encryption:
1. Encryption at the SMTP conversation.
2. Encryption of the envelope so the end recipient has to enter a login and password to open it.

If TLS encryption of the SMTP conversation is enough, you set that in Destination Controls. This is free as part of the ESA

If you need the email to be encrypted in the recipient mailbox, you need Cisco Registered Envelope Service and you pick which mail gets encrypted with Content Policy or Message filters.

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your help.

Is it any specific Sku or need to buy an seperate license for Cisco Registered Envelope Service to use the service.

I am not a sales guy, so I don't know for sure where it is now.
I think it depends upon what level licensing you have. Some may include it.