Views
Helpful
Replies

Email Req

UzairAhmed0915
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

One of my customer is using Trend Micro Scanmail for exchange. Can I replace it with CISCO AMP for Endpoint? 

Can CISCO AMP protect Exchange 2016 and scan all emails and block spams ? Please help me. 

https://www.trendmicro.com/en_ph/business/products/user-protection/sps/email-and-collaboration/scanmail-for-exchange.html

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

It would be recommended to follow the guidelines and exclude any mentioned files from AMP4E scanning. It's known to wreak havoc on a system when exclusions are not put in place.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

No. Amp for Endpoints will not block spam. Its an endpoint antimalware/antivirus product.

You want the Email Security Appliance (as a hardware appliance or a VM) or Cisco Cloud Emil Security.

Customer needs product that installed on Exchange and block spams and phishing Emails. 

Cisco doesn't have any products that are installed on Exchange...
Their email.security products are installed separately and are placed in the mail flow before mail gets to Exchange

Thank you it is really helpful. 

Can you please confirm if we install AMP endpoint on Exchange server and dont exclude exchange files, does it impact on exchange or we need to exclude Exchange files from scanning. 

As per CISCO guide, exchange should be excluded. 

Hello,

It would be recommended to follow the guidelines and exclude any mentioned files from AMP4E scanning. It's known to wreak havoc on a system when exclusions are not put in place.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: