cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emails are Encrypting even when Trigger Isn't Used

SymAdmin
Level 1
Level 1

I hope someone can give me a hand. We have an IronPort C170. We have an outgoing content filter set up to encrypt emails based on keywords. I read another post that states this problem can happen if the string is done incorrectly, but based on that, our appears to be correct (our rule displays as: subject=="(?i)\\[encrypt\\]"). This has just started in the last few weeks where emails that are sent out with out the trigger in the subject line are still be sent encrypted. I can't figure out why this is happening. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you share the message tracking details for the email that was encrypted without this subject?

The condition appears to be correct. Ot looks for the word encrypt upper and lower cases within [].

Regards 

Libin Varghese 

exMSW4319
Level 3
Level 3

Get your rule to do an additional action as well as encrypting mail; say adding a header.

There's a chance that you may find that something else is doing the encrypting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: