Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA and DMARC

mateormz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a Cisco ESA and I am in the process of implementing DMARC.  Ive have currently set DMARC to monitor only and enabled it on my relay policy.  Do I have to create a dns TXT record for mt Domain?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

UdupiKrishna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the idea is to run DMARC verification, it should not be enabled on RELAYED mail flow policy since RELAY action is meant for outgoing emails (from your organisation). Verification is to be enforced on incoming emails.

You can publish DMARC record providing a way for receiving MTA(s) to authenticate and accept emails safely.

But for DMARC verification (incoming emails) it's not mandatory to publish your own domain's records.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

UdupiKrishna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the idea is to run DMARC verification, it should not be enabled on RELAYED mail flow policy since RELAY action is meant for outgoing emails (from your organisation). Verification is to be enforced on incoming emails.

You can publish DMARC record providing a way for receiving MTA(s) to authenticate and accept emails safely.

But for DMARC verification (incoming emails) it's not mandatory to publish your own domain's records.

mateormz
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you.