Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA c160 and c170 in one cluster?

sellm
Level 1
Level 1

Heelo Community,

is there something that I should take care about if I want to run a c160 and a c170 in one management-cluster?

4 Replies 4

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello sellm,

there are no problems to run C160 and C170 together in a cluster, this is actually widely used. As usual, before creating the cluster make sure that all appliances run on the same version (including build number) and the DNS working for the hostnames of the ESAs, even if you plan to use connection communication via IPs.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

I am in same situation . I have to replace a failed appliance C160 with a new C170. However when I want to upgrade to same version I have not the same build. On C160 I have 7.5.2 build 014 and on C170 7.5.2 build 203.

Could you please confirm me that it will work ?

I have checked also for other upgrade but for C170 I have 7.6.3 build 019 and  for C160 7.6.0 build 444  or 7.6.1 build 022 or 7.6.2 build 014.

Thks,

Raph

Raph,

In order to successfully create cluster, both appliances (ESA - Email Security Appliances) must be running the exact same version and build. So, to answer your question, no, that will not work.

It is interesting tough, that your devices cannot see the same version.

Either you please send us the serial number (only the digits after the hifen will do it) or you open a TAC case and ask for assistance.

I hope this helps and if it does, please mark the question as answered.

Regards,

-Valter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: