cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA - External Auth - Spam Quarantine

kevina887
Level 4
Level 4

I'm looking to see if anyone has a workaround for admins logging into Spam Quarantine and not being able to set their safelist / block list.  I'm using AD accounts for TACACS+ / Radius on my ACS 5.4 appliance and I found an issue when using Radius for admin access to my ESA.  After enabling Radius, admins who log into the spam quarantine site have access to everyone's spam which is correct, but they no longer have the option field to setup their safelist / block list.

Thx

-Kevin

1 Reply 1

Jason Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

I also have the same issue.  The only way around it for me was to use different accounts for administrating the IronPort appliances.   This fell into alignment with my organizations practice of setting up seperate Admin accounts for server/workstation administration that is seperate from a server admin's user account. 

I think the appliance is confused, because when you login with an administrative level account you see the quarantine of all users, so it can't add safelist/blocklist addresses because it doesn't know what mailbox to add these to.

Be interested to hear what Cisco has to say about it.