cancel
Announcements
Cisco Secure Email Support Community

Product Support Talos Support Cisco Support Reference + Current Release
Gateway Reputation Lookup Open a support case Secure Email Guided Setup
Gateway: 14.0.1-033
Cloud Gateway Email Status Portal Support & Downloads docs.ces.cisco.com
Email and Web Manager: 14.1.0-227
Email and Web Manager Web & Email Reputation Worldwide Contacts Product Naming Quick Reference
Reporting Plug-in: 1.1.0.136
Encryption Bug Search
Encryption Plug-in: 1.2.1.167
Cloud Mailbox Notification Service
Outlook Add-in(s): More info

Views
Helpful
Replies
ivanyk79
Beginner

ESA [External] Email subject line tag

Hi,

I am wondering how to test the [External] email subject line tag. Currently i have a QA environment where i created the filter to test. The only way i know to test is to use telnet to create a message using the QA ESA as the smtp server. This is fine for showing me how the external email will be tagged with  [External] in the subject line. However i wanted to know if people are using others ways to test prior to apply on the production ESA. I would like to test sending from different email addresses and replying and etc. Would this involve creating a new policy to apply then apply the filter to this new policy? In the policy i think we can select a user or group of users? Thoughts?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
marc.luescherFRE
Enthusiast

Hi there,

in short there are 3 possible ways to further test a filter:

a) insert a logging entry into your filter and check if the tag is in the mail logs

b) insert a recipient =- my email into the filter so the filter just applies to you

c) insert a LDAP group lookup or assign the filter to a test policy

More about external tagging and disclaimers on my recent blog : http://www.emailsecurityblog.info

-Marc

Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply. I read your blog and like how you broke it down. I had a few questions and wondering if i could pose them to you some way?

Would this forum be the best place or do you have an alternate contact?

Thanks

Kris

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Polls
Which of these topics should we host an event in the Community?

Top Choice: ISE Demo (100%)

Content for Community-Ad