Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA Mail Filter question

CSCO11124242
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to build up filter for inbound / outbound emails that will be trying to match some header and check its value. Once that found - message must be send to Alternative Destination Host (don't use SMTP route). I did build such simple filter and also added custom log entry to be fired in case of match (for debug purposes). I do see in the message tracking that log entry added (first step), header removed (second one), but third step to send this message to the alternative destination host has not taken place,  message delivered as per SMTP route (i.e. rule in filter skipped for some reason).

We are on 8.5.7-043 release.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check if you have a SMTP route added for "All Other Domains".

If there is an IP address provided for all other domains it would supersede the alternate mail host action for the filter.

You could add a dummy hostname for the alternate mail host action such as "test.example.com" and then add a SMTP route for "test.example.com" to point to the required IP if that is the case.

- Libin V

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check if you have a SMTP route added for "All Other Domains".

If there is an IP address provided for all other domains it would supersede the alternate mail host action for the filter.

You could add a dummy hostname for the alternate mail host action such as "test.example.com" and then add a SMTP route for "test.example.com" to point to the required IP if that is the case.

- Libin V

Hi,

We do use default smtp route. Is there way how we can use alternative host with default route?

Thank you.

Yes.

You could add a dummy hostname for the alternate mail host action such as "test.example.com" instead of an IP and then add a SMTP route for "test.example.com" to point to the required IP.

This should work with the default SMTP route.

Yep, works. Thank you