cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA Troughput

tehweiner
Level 1
Level 1

What is the throuput of a C370 / C670 / X1070 if Ironport AS, Sophos AV and VOF is enabled and the average message size is between 150 and 250 kByte ?

3 Replies 3

henrik.larsson
Level 1
Level 1

We push up to 100 million attempted messages per month through each of our Ironport X series (we have all flavours of old/new X). Approximately 90% is stopped by reputation filtering and the rest we scan for spam and viruses.

Our average message size is around 80-120 kByte. Inbound traffic to each Ironport is 9 Mbps in average and outbound traffic from each Ironport is 3 Mbps in average.

Hello Henrik, thanks for your quick response.

Could you please so kind as to tell me the values of "Total Attempted Messages" to "Total Thread Messages" of one of your X- machine on a normal working day ?A csv report would also be fine.

What is the "overall CPU usage" and the "Average Messages in Work Queue" value of  that machine in same time range ?

Regards, thomas

Hi Thomas,

These figures are a little bit lower as I am currently not loading each Ironport X series as much I have done in the past.

Total Attempted Messages                    2.2 million

Total Threat Messages                          1.9 million

Average Messages in Work Queue          Approx. 2 - 4

Overall CPU usage                                 Approx. 15% in average during the night and 30% in average during the day.

CPU is mostly consumed by Anti-Spam.

Regards,

Henrik