Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA Upgrade to 8.5.5

Mustapha Arakji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Cisco ESA C170 running version 8.0.1.023. I want to upgrade to version 8.5. In the release notes, the upgrade path is correct. But i can't find available upgrades from the GUI.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

8.5.5 is FCS, and currently not provisioned for general release --- therefore, it is not going to be readily available in the update manifest on the appliance.  If you open a support case, and request to be added to the FCS provisioning group - we can then take your appliance serial number(s) and add them to the group - push out provisioning, and then you will be able to take advantage of the upgrade.  We keep track of the # of appliances provisioned for FCS purposes.

Also - for security and verification purposes - we need to validate that your appliance is covered under an active support contract.  We cannot provision serial numbers without a case for tracking purposes.

-Robert

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to open a support case case so that we may add your serial number to the 8.5.5 FCS provisioning group.  In many cases, once provisioned, it will only take ~ < 1 hour for the manifest on the appliance to update, and you'll be able to upgrade correctly at that time.

Thanks!

-Robert

Why is this necessary?

8.5.5 is FCS, and currently not provisioned for general release --- therefore, it is not going to be readily available in the update manifest on the appliance.  If you open a support case, and request to be added to the FCS provisioning group - we can then take your appliance serial number(s) and add them to the group - push out provisioning, and then you will be able to take advantage of the upgrade.  We keep track of the # of appliances provisioned for FCS purposes.

Also - for security and verification purposes - we need to validate that your appliance is covered under an active support contract.  We cannot provision serial numbers without a case for tracking purposes.

-Robert

go it, thx :)