Views
Helpful
Replies

ESAv subscription renew in 2022

Aydin Ehtibarov
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

We are using ESAV C100v with inbound subscription (ESA-ESI-LIC=). Recently i found document "End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Email Product Bundles Under EMAIL-SEC-SUB and L-CES-SUB" where ESA-ESI-LIC= is mentioned under End-of-Sale Product Part Number. 

So, I would like to understand will i able to renew ESA-ESI-LIC= subscription for ESAV C100V in Dec 2022 and then Dec 2023 ?

2 Replies 2

Rich R
VIP
VIP

I think the end of sale notice answers your questions pretty clearly - in case it wasn't clear the answer is NO!
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/email-security-appliance/secure-email-subscriptions-eol.html
"The last day to order the affected product(s) is March 28, 2022. The last day to renew or add to an existing subscription is March 28, 2022."
"Please use Cisco’s new offer CSEMAIL-SEC-SUB to order Secure Email Essentials, Advantage & Premier bundles that have Malware Defense & Analytics added capabilities."
"Product migration options

Existing customers that are on EMAIL-SEC-SUB and L-CES-SUB offers should migrate to Cisco’s new offer CSEMAIL-SEC-SUB & order Secure Email Essentials, Advantage or Premier bundles to receive superior coverage with Malware Defense & Analytics added capabilities."

Service prices for Cisco products are subject to change after the product End-of-Sale date."

Aydin Ehtibarov
Level 1
Level 1

thank you @Rich R 

Using Cisco commerce estimates i have checked CSEMAIL-SEC-SUB and options it pertains to find ESA-ESI-LIC= equivalent license. Previously available license "ESA-ESI-LIC=" was explained like "The Cisco Secure Email Inbound Essentials bundle delivers protection against email-based threats and includes antispam, graymail detection, Sophos antivirus solution, outbreak filters, and forged email detection." while CSEMAIL-SEC-SUB contain option Secure Email Gateway Essentials which offers "Cisco Secure Email Essential Inbound Malware Defense andANYL".  is it the same as old "ESA-ESI-LIC=" ? Where we can find the explanation for it ?

Thank you in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: