cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I embed HTML correctly in a text resource

daniel.wheeler
Level 1
Level 1

I've been tasked with appending our departmental logo at the top of all messages outgoing from a specific account, I know how to setup the content filter and policy for doing this, but it's sending my text out as just that ... plain text. How do I format a text resource to appear as HTML in a message?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Daniel,

You'll want to make sure you're selecting the 'Code View' option when editing the Text Resource and entering in the proper HTML code. Then once you un-select Code View, you should see the proper HTML formatting.

Also, more steps available in our end-user guides if needed : ESA ASyncOS 9.7 - HTML Text Resource Configuration

Hopefully that helps!

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Daniel,

You'll want to make sure you're selecting the 'Code View' option when editing the Text Resource and entering in the proper HTML code. Then once you un-select Code View, you should see the proper HTML formatting.

Also, more steps available in our end-user guides if needed : ESA ASyncOS 9.7 - HTML Text Resource Configuration

Hopefully that helps!

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Thank you, about 2 minutes before you posted, I tried that "code view" button and just pasted my HTML in there, however, when I tried to submit it Ironport said I didn't have any "text" in my text resource, so I put a single period (since a space wouldn't work) after the HTML and it worked! 

Thank you

Great! I'm glad that worked! :) 

Thanks

-Dennis M.

This did not work for me.  Here's my code.  It looks okay when clicking on the code view button.

Red text error says:  "Please enter content."  And I cannot click on Submit.

<em><table style="”border:1px" #000000="" solid”="" border="”0″" bgcolor="”#F7F9EC"><tbody><tr><td><strong>EXTERNAL EMAIL:</strong>&nbsp; Do not click any links <span style="text-decoration: underline;">or</span> open any attachments unless you trust the sender. <br></td></tr></tbody></table></em>

I tried this.
I added your content and clicked ‘clean’
https://html5-editor.net/
I was able to save it in my test esa.

Give it a shot,

Chris A

Thank you! I will give this a try tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I cannot get to that site through my WSA.

I was able to get this to work.  Thank you!

Hi Experts,

Tried all sort of HTML cleaning and other means but still my ESA gives error - "Please enter content"

My script is as follows

<table style="border:1px" #000000="solid”=" border="”0&quot;" bgcolor="#ffffe0"><tbody><tr><td><font color="#ff3333"><strong>CAUTION:</strong></font> This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you validate the sender and know the content is safe.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Hello Aayush,

I have made some modifications to your script as below which seems to be working on ESA HTML code without error.
Please try to make modifications on the script as per your requirement:

<table bgcolor="#ffffe0" border="”0?" style="”border: 1px;"><tbody><tr><td><strong><h1 style="color:Red;"><span style="font-size: 13px; color: red;">CAUTION:</span></h1></strong> This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.</td></tr></tbody></table>

I hope the above helps.

Cheers,
Pratham

Hi Prathan

The script worked beautifully. Have modified the script to remove the header part.

The revised script......

<table style="”border: 1px;" border="”0?" bgcolor="#ffffe0"><tbody><tr><td><strong><span style="font-size: 13px; color: red;">CAUTION:</span></strong> This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Hi Aayush,

Glad to know that I was able to help!

Cheers,
Pratham

Thank You Pratham for extending the help.

My pleasure!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: