cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How Long Are Cisco Registered Envelopes Messages Stored?

anotthak8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to determine how long emails that are encrypted using the Cisco Registered Envelope Service are stored in the cloud? If possible, I was hoping I could make a screenshot of this setting for auditing purposes.

Thank you in advance!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

CRES emails are stored in the attached html and the CRES server hold the key.

If you choose to open Online it would push message back to CRES and stays on the server for 8 hours.

If you are looking for the expiration time of the actual link used to access the encrypted emails that can be customized for each email.

To set an expiration date, select one or more messages and click the Update Expiration Dates link.

I think the only screenshot that would be available would be from your access to res.cisco.com.

Thanks

Libin Varghese

View solution in original post

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

For obvious security and legal reasons we do not store any message information on the CRES servers aside from two caveats below.

Scenario 1 – An email is forwarded to mobile@res.cisco.com due to issues when opening. In this case the payload data /is/ stored encrypted temporarily on the CRES servers for around 8 hours and then removed.

Scenario 2 – The end-user uses the ‘Open Online’ button to view the message. In this case, we would be performing the decryption on the CRES server via the HTTPS session and then send the payload data back to the end-user in the same session. Once the session closes, the payload is removed from the CRES server.

You can find more details about that within the CRES FAQ here : https://res.cisco.com/websafe/help?topic=FAQ#message_search

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

CRES emails are stored in the attached html and the CRES server hold the key.

If you choose to open Online it would push message back to CRES and stays on the server for 8 hours.

If you are looking for the expiration time of the actual link used to access the encrypted emails that can be customized for each email.

To set an expiration date, select one or more messages and click the Update Expiration Dates link.

I think the only screenshot that would be available would be from your access to res.cisco.com.

Thanks

Libin Varghese

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

For obvious security and legal reasons we do not store any message information on the CRES servers aside from two caveats below.

Scenario 1 – An email is forwarded to mobile@res.cisco.com due to issues when opening. In this case the payload data /is/ stored encrypted temporarily on the CRES servers for around 8 hours and then removed.

Scenario 2 – The end-user uses the ‘Open Online’ button to view the message. In this case, we would be performing the decryption on the CRES server via the HTTPS session and then send the payload data back to the end-user in the same session. Once the session closes, the payload is removed from the CRES server.

You can find more details about that within the CRES FAQ here : https://res.cisco.com/websafe/help?topic=FAQ#message_search

Thanks!

-Dennis M.