cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to determine issue with a specific email

The-Messenger
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize if this has been asked and I missed it.  I found similar in searches but not what I'm looking for exactly.

I'm looking at message details from message tracking.  The last line is  Message 84453901 aborted: Receiving aborted by sender.  How do I determine the specific reason, policy, issue with this message.

Is the method intended to be just start looking?  I think the send actually gets more specific information on the DNR than I get here.

My method is to check sender base, check the ip address of the email domain, check sender base again.   Start going through policy settings and see if this message might be in violation.

Is there a method that takes me from this error to the reason instead of going the other way and, in the mean time, having to tell customers that I really don't why I'm checking. ???              

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The transactional data is in the mail logs (System Administration/Log Subscriptions, click on mail_Logs/ in the log files column)

They're big, so you might want to download them locally and use something like Notepad++ to dig through them...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

The transactional data is in the mail logs (System Administration/Log Subscriptions, click on mail_Logs/ in the log files column)

They're big, so you might want to download them locally and use something like Notepad++ to dig through them...

Thank you that is good information and it's more than what I had.  But all I get for this message isstill just Rejected by Receiving Control.  I was hoping I cold find which receiving control, something more specific.

To answer your original question, "Receiving aborted by sender" is what you will see when the sender drops in the middle of an SMTP connection. Exactly why is known only to the sender but you can get an idea by searching for that MID in the log file and you should be able to figure out what happened in that transaction.

i am using LDAPACCEPT and I get a lot of aborts after it rejects a recipient. Bots and spammers often just close the connection and retry a new recpient on a new connection.

"Rejected by receiving control" means that SenderBase reputation filtering rejected the recipient. The sender responded to this by aborting the message.

++Don

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: