Views
Helpful
Replies

Impossible to join Cluster

quentinperceval
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to create a cluster with two ESA C370 with AsyncOS 8.0.1 (we will call its ESA1 and ESA2).

If I create the cluster on ESA1, and make ESA2 joining (over SSH or CCS), no problem.

But if ESA1 leave the cluster and want to come back, I have the following lines (and it kill my CLI) :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/build/iproot/ap/ipoe/ipoe/bootstrap.py", line 55, in <module>
  File "/data/lib/python2.6_8_amd64_nothr/runpy.py", line 128, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "/data/lib/python2.6_8_amd64_nothr/runpy.py", line 34, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 41720, in <module>
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 30312, in main
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 38274, in do_command
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 38536, in main_input_run
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 38298, in run_func
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 1301, in clusterconfig_batch
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 39012, in cluster_ssh_related_command
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 39030, in ssh_interactive_command
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/shared/SSH.py", line 24, in do_ssh_related_command
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/shared/UI.py", line 29, in call
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/command_client.py", line 242, in call
struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 4

I tried several ways to join over SSH or CCS, and rebooting the appliance, but I still have the same problem.

I need both my ESA be able to leave and join the cluster to export my configuration (cf. https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12065191/re-restore-cluster-configuration)

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

Quentin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Usually when we see that traceback error - it is tied to an improper reboot of the appliance.  This may not be correctable on that appliance, and may require an RMA of the appliance.  This error is a little more severe to work through forums.  Can you open a support case and have this be looked into through the proper chain?

-Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Usually when we see that traceback error - it is tied to an improper reboot of the appliance.  This may not be correctable on that appliance, and may require an RMA of the appliance.  This error is a little more severe to work through forums.  Can you open a support case and have this be looked into through the proper chain?

-Robert

Thank you for your answer, I just openned a support case.

Quentin