cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming Content Filter to Add Header Item and Value

jjthomas
Level 1
Level 1

I seem to be doing something either incorrectly or am missing something, as I cannot seem to get an Incoming Content Filter to add a header item with a value based on the presence of another header item and its value.  

The content filter basically says:

If message Contains Header Value X-Header equal to foo

Add/Edit Header to insert header X-Header-New with value 1

If I check the SMA to see if the filter is applied, it is, but I am not seeing the header value added to the email that is received.  

Is there something I am missing?  I originally tried to add two header items to this filter, but I separated them out thinking it was a processing issue.  Now, I just cannot figure out how the filter is not adding those header items and values.  

5 Replies 5

Rezaul.Hasnath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

If you have more than one CONDITION for the filter, can you make sure you are applying correct AND/OR rule?

Regards,

Hi,

Make sure you have implemented the filter in correct policy.

If it is not implemented, then you should see "Not in use" corresponding to the filter under the Incoming content filter page.

You can do the same on below page:

Mail Policies-->Incoming Mail Policies.

Thanks

Amrita

The filter is associated to the correct policy, and I can see log entries included on the email message in question (given that I added that as one of the actions on the content filter.  I have included a screenshot below of what is happening.  

filter-processing.png

In this case, though, the custom header is not being applied.  There is no other downstream rule that would remove that.  The filter looks as follows.  

content-filter.png

Hi ,

From the screenshots, I can see that the content filter is getting a hit so the header should be present.
My recommendation will be to check on the next hop 104.47.40.36 if the header is getting stripped there.
Also, you can open a TAC case and submit original email sample for further investigation.

Cheers,
Pratham

Each filter only looks for one condition, so there is no need to check the application of the AND/OR rule for the condition.