Views
Helpful
Replies

Intelligent inbound routing based on LDAP Attribute MAILSYSTEM on CISCO 370

HPGroh2013
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gents and Ladies,

don t know if this question is just a nerd or stupid one ...

We have an infrastructure with domino and exchange mail server. So far ... we have main maildomain - the so called maindomain.com

Every user has a maindomain.com address but has in LDAP Source different values for mailsystem.

So .. my short question is:

HOW CAN I ROUTE MAILS TO RECEIPIENT DEPENDING ON VALUES ON  LDAP ATTRIBUTE MAILSYSTEM ?

Do i really need a mail rule or policy ?

Or is it easier to built up an SMTP Routelist for maindomain.com with an entry for domino-Server-IP and a default route to XChange-Server-IP.

In this case if no match is found on domino server with handshake between ironport and domino server the default route qould be used instead of creating an NDR ?                

Thanks in advance for the pro's to give me a hint

1 Reply 1

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello  HPGroh2013

sounds like what you want to look into is LDAP routing which you can configure on the listener. So basically, create a Routing Query for your Domino LDAP profile that queries the mailsystem attribute for each recipient address. Then, in the listener settings, use this query for the routing option, that should then redirect every recipient to the mailbox you have specified in the attribute.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: