cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport giving Errno 54 while sending and receiving email from Yahoo domain only.

forticis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of my client is getting the below error log on Ironport while sending and receiving email with attachment size of 1.5MB and above to/from Yahoo domain.  (Any file type attachment).

Emails with file size lower then 1.5MB are being sent successfully, Gmail and hotmail are working fine as well.

Info: Delivery start DCID 771662 MID 658038 to RID [0]

Info: Connection Error: DCID 771662 domain: yahoo.com IP: 98.138.112.35 port: 25 details: [Errno 54] Connection reset by peer interface: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  reason: network error

Info: Delayed: DCID 771662 MID 658038 to RID 0 - 4.4.0 - Other network problem ('000', ['[Errno 54] Connection reset by peer']) []

Pls reply if anyone knows solution to this.

Regards,

3 Replies 3

Luis Silva Benavides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The customer has an ASA/FW infront of the ESA?

I have seen this kind of issues when the ESMTP isnpection is enable.

HTH

Luis Silva

"If you need PDI (Planning, Design, Implement) assistance feel free to reach"

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/pdihd.html

Luis Silva

Hi ,,

Yes the customer has ASA in front of the ESA..

ESMTP inspection is already disabled on the ASA but still the problem is persisting with sending/receiving mail to/from Yahoo with attachment size of 1.5MB and above.

Mail with attachement size of 1.5MB and below are sent and received properly.

Thanks

Hello Inthikhab,

I think this issue would be strongly related to firewall or network issues as a timeout error would mean the appliance sent the initial connection for delivery out, it was established and when delivering the data, the connection had not received responses and eventually timed out and dropped.

I would suggest the following actions:

- Review your firewall logs for connections and packets from your appliance's delivery IP to the yahoo mail servers in the instances where these errors occur as it seems like packet loss or packets being interrupted by firewalls which can cause this.

And if you wish to see if the appliance is not delivering the data properly :-

Log type -> Domain Debug Log > Domain name -> yahoo.com

Submit this log and commit this change.

Replicate this delivery issue so it tracks this down.

It is highly likely that the appliance sends all the data to the receiving side but no response is given back so the appliance treats this as a time-out and the connection is dropped.