cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport TLS issue

morite8269
Beginner
Beginner

I have a C160 and I am having a problem configuring TLS.

• I have created and installed the SSL certificate
  • I have added the necessary destinations
  • I have created the SMTP routes
  • I have tested this and it works fine.

I have then created another gateway so that mail can go out through a different route and out to specific customers.

This is where the problem is as the mail goes through the gateway as expected and gets delivered but without TLS. If I send the message through the standard gateway and to the Internet it is TLS encrypted.

I know I am missing something but I don'tknow what

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Andy

2 REPLIES 2

Andreas Mueller
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Andy,

just a guess, do you redirect mail to that new gateway with a filter that has an alt-mailhost action? In this case, you'd have to add the gateway (host name or IP address) as a new destination in the destination control, and enable TLS for it. Otherwise, as the alt-mailhost action has changed the destination, only the default settings will apply.

Regards,

Andreas

steveshipway
Beginner
Beginner

I think you need to amend the default Destination control (Mail Policies/Destination Controls) on the sending Ironport to specify TLS Preferred in order for TLS to be used.  You may also need to disable certificate verification if it is a self-signed cert that your are using.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: