cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport x1050 bios

pavel_brick
Level 1
Level 1

I have x1050 with old bios 1.2.1 search new bios not found. On dell site download 2.7.0 bios for pe2950, but I can flash it only with /forcetype key. After reboot LCD panel display dell 2950. I want original oem bios ironport can you help me? Sorry for my bad english. Server service tag is 2YXBXD1

3 Replies 3

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Pavel,

can't help you with this one unfortunately, there is an update for X1060s that customer support applies to appliances with an older bios, as this can cause lockups, but AFAIK there is nothing available for X1050s.  Anyways, just wanted to mention that if this appliance of yours is still under a valid support contract and warranty, you should not attempt to flash the bios yourself as this violates your waranty.

Regards,

Andreas

Bob Fayne
Level 1
Level 1

I definitely agree with Andreas. Updating a BIOS is something that should only be done after talking to support.

The physical drives and hardware are all matched to the AsyncOS serial number and if there is any mismatch AsyncOS will refuse to boot. A BIOS change could concievably trigger that and you could be left hoping that support will be willing to help you out without a Time & Materials charge.

pavel_brick
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your answer. I reflash it original dumped bios fine, but this product is discontinued, so how get support, if company sales it in Russia now is closed? :-( second question: may I upgrade CPU? It possible in dell 2950 up Xeon 54xx series.