cancel
Announcements
Cisco Secure Email Support Community

Product Support Talos Support Cisco Support Reference + Current Release
Gateway Reputation Lookup Open a support case Secure Email Guided Setup
Gateway: 14.0.1-033
Cloud Gateway Email Status Portal Support & Downloads docs.ces.cisco.com
Email and Web Manager: 14.1.0-227
Email and Web Manager Web & Email Reputation Worldwide Contacts Product Naming Quick Reference
Reporting Plug-in: 1.1.0.136
Encryption Bug Search
Encryption Plug-in: 1.2.1.167
Cloud Mailbox Notification Service
Outlook Add-in(s): More info

Views
Helpful
Replies
cryptochrome
Beginner

Issue with Safe Printing, need help

Hi,

I am facing an issue trying to get Safe Print to do what I want. For the record: Safe Print currently does not support Excel files. Goal: I want to safe print all (supported) Office documents that contain macros. 

To achieve this, I followed the example in the documentation for this use case: I created a content filter that has "Macro Detection" as a condition in the filter (set to only Microsoft Office documents). As a filter action, I have "Safe Print" matching attachments selected and as a second action the "add disclaimer text". 

Here is what happens:

When a Word file with macros is detected, everything works as expected. However, when we receive an Excel file with macros (which is not supported by the Safe Print feature), the ESA still adds the disclaimer text to the mail body, confusing users. I know this is expected behavior, since the "add disclaimer" filter action triggers regardless of the Safe Print action.

Is there a better way to do this? How can we prevent the disclaimer to be sent on Safe Print unsupported files?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
cryptochrome
Beginner

No one?

ShamilaGul58174
Beginner

Hmm it will be much better if you contact your machine support team. 

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Polls
Which of these topics should we host an event in the Community?

Top Choice: ISE Demo (100%)

Content for Community-Ad