Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Safe Printing, need help

cryptochrome
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing an issue trying to get Safe Print to do what I want. For the record: Safe Print currently does not support Excel files. Goal: I want to safe print all (supported) Office documents that contain macros. 

To achieve this, I followed the example in the documentation for this use case: I created a content filter that has "Macro Detection" as a condition in the filter (set to only Microsoft Office documents). As a filter action, I have "Safe Print" matching attachments selected and as a second action the "add disclaimer text". 

Here is what happens:

When a Word file with macros is detected, everything works as expected. However, when we receive an Excel file with macros (which is not supported by the Safe Print feature), the ESA still adds the disclaimer text to the mail body, confusing users. I know this is expected behavior, since the "add disclaimer" filter action triggers regardless of the Safe Print action.

Is there a better way to do this? How can we prevent the disclaimer to be sent on Safe Print unsupported files?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

cryptochrome
Level 1
Level 1

No one?

ShamilaGul58174
Level 1
Level 1

Hmm it will be much better if you contact your machine support team. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: