cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mail Policy Match Priority

charlesgp
Level 1
Level 1

We upgraded from Async 11.0 to 11.1.2 on our ESA last week. We've recently found that now some of our Mail Policy filters aren't working correctly. I've tracked it down to the fact that 11.1 now enabled the Mail Policy Match Priorities (under Mail Policies -> Mail Policy Settings) and set Envelop Sender to Priority 1 with no other priorities set. One such issue we have is that Automatic OOO replies don't leave the company. This is because Microsoft Exchange server leaves the Envelope Sender blank, which causes the Ironport not to match it appropriately, so it falls all the way down the Outgoing Mail Policy list until it is blocked. This was not the old behavior.

I'll table my rant about how Cisco's release notes didn't bother to call out this rather important change in behavior (The little blurb below is all you get. Not helpful, and even seems to imply that this is a behavior that you'd have to enable)

Capture.PNG

But I digress. How do I turn this back to the old behavior? I've tried putting the 'Header From' as a Priority 2, but that didn't help. If I just delete all the priorities, will that revert back to the old behavior?

1 Reply 1

charella
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Add them all to the same priority.