cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

message tracking results empty for all searches

Daniel Pleiman
Level 1
Level 1

The ESA system locked up and had to be rebooted, after it came back up all searches within Message Tracking give no results. An hour later I received the following critical message

The Critical message is:

An application fault occurred: ('lio.pyx coro._coro.lio_request.retire (coro/_coro.c:39687)|175', "<class 'coro._coro.lio_listio_error'>", "(OSError(5, 'Input/output error'),)", '[egg/gcq.py writer_thread|315] [egg/sequential_writer.py flush|53] [egg/blocked_io.py _blocked_write|191] [lio.pyx coro._coro.many_lio_writes (coro/_coro.c:41433)|437] [lio.pyx coro._coro.lio_write (coro/_coro.c:40709)|326] [lio.pyx coro._coro.lio_request.retire (coro/_coro.c:39687)|175]')

Version: 9.7.1-066 Cisco C300V ESA virtual appliance

I attempted to reinitialize the reporting database via the DELETEDB command, but I still see "No Tracking Data is currently available" after waiting 30 mins to see if it started to get populated.

3 Replies 3

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

The application fault may have been generated as a result of the reboot.

I would recommend opening a TAC case to have the device reviewed for any process that could be causing errors and preventing the tracking database from being populated.

Thanks

Libin Varghese

Okay thanks, but I did find the following error which sounds simple to fix if I knew what service did not start.

trackerd.current

Info: Tracking parser connection refused; service may be down

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for sharing the error, you did mention deleting the reporting database earlier.

Could you confirm if the tracking database was also re-initialized.

diagnostic -> tracking -> deletedb

trackerd is one of the services which controls message tracking, however can only be restarted by TAC through a remote access to the appliance.

Libin