cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing Email Disclaimer

HirohitoUsui
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone ever run into a case that an Email disclaimer was missing from an outbound Email? 

After all the years of working with Ironport devices, i have never run into such a case.  I have checked the policies & filters from GUI and even the filters that are only visible on the CLI.  I even extracted the config file to see if there are any particular rules for both sender address and rcpt domain.  Nothing to explain this behavior. 

I even reviewed previous email to this domain and email sent from this sender and the logs clearly show that the message was processed with the disclaimer. 

Is it possible that my Ironport missed the diclaimer in 1 in a mil Email? 

Anyone ever experience such a case? 

Thanks in advance! 

1 Reply 1

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What does message tracking, or mail_logs reflect for the message?  Where is the disclaimer stamped at - is it configured in message/content filter, or is this stamped in at the listener level?  You should be seeing "add-footer filter 'Footer Stamping'" in mail_logs...

If it was for just one email - I would have to think that there was something else that stripped out the disclaimer - at recipient end?

If message tracking/mail_logs shows it placed - then the ESA wrote it in as configured - would need to validate at some other point in the message delivery to show what might have occurred.

Hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)