Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing setipmm command under listenerconfig

sjhamb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Team,

I have been trying to test the mail merge feature on test environment and somehow I can not find a way to execute setipmm command on CLI. As per the user guide 8-5-6, Use the setipmm subcommand of listerconfig to enable the IPMM on the listener.

When I execute listerconfig command I see 4 options 1) NEW 2) EDIT 3) SETUP 4) DELETE and cli won't allow to execute setipmm command under any sub options. Any clue as to what am I missing? 

Thanks,

SJ

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Vegh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Here the relevant information out of the Appliance Online Help.

--- User Guide snippet

SMTP Injection

IPMM extends SMTP as the transport protocol. There is no special configuration that needs to be made to the appliance. (By default, IPMM can be enabled for private listeners and disabled for public listeners on the D-Mode-enabled appliance.) However, if you are not currently using SMTP as your injection protocol, you must create a new private listener that utilizes SMTP through the D-Mode enabled appliance interface.

--- End snippet

The command "setipmm" are only available for the Appliances which have a special D-Mode feature key. This feature key change the Appliance so that they get into a Delivery mode and with this you should have the listenerconfig -> "setipmm" command available on the Private Listener.

If your are not using a D-Mode enabled Appliance, then you will not have this config option available.

In case you have a Delivery Feature key installed on your Appliance, but the command are not available, please contact Cisco Support to find out why the command are not available.

Best regards,

Mark.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Mark Vegh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Here the relevant information out of the Appliance Online Help.

--- User Guide snippet

SMTP Injection

IPMM extends SMTP as the transport protocol. There is no special configuration that needs to be made to the appliance. (By default, IPMM can be enabled for private listeners and disabled for public listeners on the D-Mode-enabled appliance.) However, if you are not currently using SMTP as your injection protocol, you must create a new private listener that utilizes SMTP through the D-Mode enabled appliance interface.

--- End snippet

The command "setipmm" are only available for the Appliances which have a special D-Mode feature key. This feature key change the Appliance so that they get into a Delivery mode and with this you should have the listenerconfig -> "setipmm" command available on the Private Listener.

If your are not using a D-Mode enabled Appliance, then you will not have this config option available.

In case you have a Delivery Feature key installed on your Appliance, but the command are not available, please contact Cisco Support to find out why the command are not available.

Best regards,

Mark.