Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Domains on ESA C160

Muhammad Arshad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

My C160 is already cionfigured and working fine with abc@xyz.com domain. Now I want to add another email domain 123@yyy.com to same box. I need your help to know what will be the pre-requisite for this task;

• MX records need to be created for 123@yyy.com
  • How it will reach to my Ironport Box.
  • Can I asked my ISP to point newly created MX records to existing records pointing towards my Ironport.

I will appreciate your kind support in this regards.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are typically 2 records in place for mail to flow.  An "A" record and an "MX" record.

Right now it probably looks something like this:

A     smtp.xyz.com     10.20.30.40        86400

MX   xyz.com     smtp.xyz.com     10     10     86400

You can have them add another MX record to point mail for yyy.com to smtp.xyz.com:

MX  yyy.com     smtp.xyz.com     10     10     86400

Then in your ironport go to Network/SMTP Routes, and add a route for the domain so that inbound mail gets to the correct mail server, and got ot Mail Policies/Recipient Access Table and add an entry for the domain and set it to ACCEPT.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

There are typically 2 records in place for mail to flow.  An "A" record and an "MX" record.

Right now it probably looks something like this:

A     smtp.xyz.com     10.20.30.40        86400

MX   xyz.com     smtp.xyz.com     10     10     86400

You can have them add another MX record to point mail for yyy.com to smtp.xyz.com:

MX  yyy.com     smtp.xyz.com     10     10     86400

Then in your ironport go to Network/SMTP Routes, and add a route for the domain so that inbound mail gets to the correct mail server, and got ot Mail Policies/Recipient Access Table and add an entry for the domain and set it to ACCEPT.

Thanks Ken for your answer and support.