Views
Helpful
Replies

Odd Local Upgrade Error

ChrisLord09
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm just in the process of upgrading a C650 via a local web server. We've done this before with no issues, but upgrading now from 7.1.2-020 to 7.1.5-101, I select the upgrade from the available list, the upgrade begins then immediately halts with this error;

========================

Error During Upgrade

The following errors occurred during upgrade:

Download error: http://<server_name_goes_here>/asyncos/phoebe-7-1-5-101/hints/default/1

Please attempt the upgrade again after clearing the error

========================

All the paths exist, permissions are ok, I can see this "1" file via a browser from another server and I have also moved the installation source to a physically different IIS server with still the same error.

Just wondered if this was a common thing I've never seen before, or something more cryptic?

I'm trying to get the box to 7.6.1-022...just as soon as I can get it to 7.1.5-101(!) Any help appreciated!

Chris.

3 Replies 3

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Chris,

I have seen this before on local upgrades, but this usually worked after a second or third attempt. Does the webserver log show the request from the ESA to download that "1" file? Also, this may be a stupid question, but did you specify the right serial number when downloading the image?

Regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for helping out. Well, I've managed to resolve the problem now...

Turns out that is _was_ permissions on the IIS default site. We had some problems with anonymous access (mainly that it was denied!) - after spending some time trying to resolve that, I decided to just go with putting credentials into the Ironport upgrade page...then setting 'allow basic authentication' and specifying the 'default authentication domain' on the IIS box.

This has resolved it! Hopefully this post might help somone else out down the line.

Appreciate your response though, thanks again.

Chris.

I was able to finally fix this. As per the below article we need to add wildcard mime type defined by *, however with IIS 7 and above we need to define the wildcard mime type by . (a dot) after which the download works. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/117806-configure-esa-00.html