cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

POP3 Scanning using Ironport C360

Hi all,

Is it possible to use Ironport for scanning POP3 mails. Kindly Suggest. What we mainly want to achieve is to block POP3 mails from a defined AD group.

Regards

Akash

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Beginner

Re:POP3 Scanning using Ironport C360

Hi Akash,
as I discussed with the ironport suppot one year ago, this is not possible. If you need this function there is a antispam box from Barracuda which can download messages via pop3, scan them and forward afterwards.
Regards Roland

View solution in original post

Beginner

Hi Akash, the exact name is Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall 100. We dont use it for regular mail traffic, only instead as a workaround for the pop3 mail accounts.

3 REPLIES 3
Beginner

Hi Akash,
as I discussed with the ironport suppot one year ago, this is not possible. If you need this function there is a antispam box from Barracuda which can download messages via pop3, scan them and forward afterwards.
Regards Roland

Beginner

POP3 Scanning using Ironport C360

Thanks for the update Roland. I would highly appreciate in case you can give me the exact name of the Barracuda device. Though thanks again for the prompt response.

Beginner

Hi Akash, the exact name is Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall 100. We dont use it for regular mail traffic, only instead as a workaround for the pop3 mail accounts.