Views
Helpful
Replies

POP3 Scanning using Ironport C360

AkashPhoenix
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is it possible to use Ironport for scanning POP3 mails. Kindly Suggest. What we mainly want to achieve is to block POP3 mails from a defined AD group.

Regards

Akash

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Roland Duhme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Akash,
as I discussed with the ironport suppot one year ago, this is not possible. If you need this function there is a antispam box from Barracuda which can download messages via pop3, scan them and forward afterwards.
Regards Roland

View solution in original post

Roland Duhme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Akash, the exact name is Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall 100. We dont use it for regular mail traffic, only instead as a workaround for the pop3 mail accounts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Roland Duhme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Akash,
as I discussed with the ironport suppot one year ago, this is not possible. If you need this function there is a antispam box from Barracuda which can download messages via pop3, scan them and forward afterwards.
Regards Roland

Thanks for the update Roland. I would highly appreciate in case you can give me the exact name of the Barracuda device. Though thanks again for the prompt response.

Roland Duhme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Akash, the exact name is Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall 100. We dont use it for regular mail traffic, only instead as a workaround for the pop3 mail accounts.