cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

quarantine exclusion/whitelist

Difladermaus
Level 1
Level 1

We are using a DLP system provided X-header to quarantine messages at the IronPort. I know we can exclude (whitelist) specific senders from this quarantine, but is it possible to setup sender/receiver combinations for exclusion?

What about receiver exclusions?

3 Replies 3

What exact mechanism are you using to quarantine? DLP policy? Content filter? We need some more details...

Sorry, I am on the DLP side and not an IronPort user. Symantec DLP attaches and X-header to the message that is interpreted by IronPort to perform the quarantine. Basically if the X-header is present, quarantine and send notification email to sender.

If that is not enough detail, let me know and I will have to reach out to my messaging team for more details.

I am just trying to research options for better controls over the process. 

Thanks

There are DLP features available on the ESA, which could detect the header and those controls have the exceptions you're looking for. But it's an added expense/license for the DLP feature set.
If they're just using a content filter, it's a little different, but you could build the exceptions you need, depending upon how complex you need it to be.
You need to ask the messaging team what they're using.