cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Mandatory TLS" header tag in Cisco ESA

Stephen Hogan
Level 1
Level 1

I have enforced TLS on select domains on my ESA. I'd like to add a custom header tag on that says something like "Enforced TLS" to make it easier to see if an email came or went via enforced TLS vs. opportunistic. Is there a way to do it, preferably via the GUI?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marc.luescherFRE
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Stephen,

for a business unit we did the opposite, warning them when an email was not secured by TLS and added a header.

Something like this might work:

GUI_Add_TLS_Status_ESMTP: if (rcpt-to == "marc.luescher@testdomain.com") AND (header("Received") != "ESMTP") { add-heading("External_Warning_noTLSESMTP"); }

While testing you will see that other keywords are being used instead of ESMTP for TLS. Since you want it in the GUI you might need to created a dictionary with all discovered keywords and then just check against that.

I hope that helps

-Marc

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

marc.luescherFRE
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Stephen,

for a business unit we did the opposite, warning them when an email was not secured by TLS and added a header.

Something like this might work:

GUI_Add_TLS_Status_ESMTP: if (rcpt-to == "marc.luescher@testdomain.com") AND (header("Received") != "ESMTP") { add-heading("External_Warning_noTLSESMTP"); }

While testing you will see that other keywords are being used instead of ESMTP for TLS. Since you want it in the GUI you might need to created a dictionary with all discovered keywords and then just check against that.

I hope that helps

-Marc