cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing all previous versions of IronPort

mthomasit
Level 1
Level 1

I have been tasked with automating the install of IronPort . It has come to my attention that many different versions of IronPort are already installed (going back to version1.x). Can anyone confirm if the current 7.x installer will recognize those very early versions and uninstall them, or failing that, if there is any kind of removal tool that will?

Thanks,
Mike

3 Replies 3

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Mike,

when talking about IronPort, do you mean an actual Cisco IronPort appliance, or the plugin for Outlook and Lotus Notes to submit spam and flag messages for encryption? Because we do not keep more than two previous versions on an installed appliance.

Regards,

Andreas

Andreas,

I am talking about the plugin for Outlook. I have clients with older versions, apparently some of them are from around the time that Cisco bought the product a few years ago.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello Mike,

the answer can be found in the release notes for the plugin:

To install the Cisco IronPort Email Security Plug-in, you need to uninstall any previous versions of Cisco IronPort Email security plug-ins that you may have installed. This includes:

•    Any previous version of the Cisco IronPort Email Security Plug-in •    Any previous version of the Reporting Plug-in (also called the Complaint

Plug-in)

•    Any previous version of the Encryption Plug-ins (Desktop Encyrpt or Desktop Flag)

BTW, last version before the current Cisco Plugin (version 7.x), was 1.8, this big jump in versioning is caused because we combined a number of different appliacation (spam, encryption) into a single plugin. Also it was always nessesary to remove the previous version of a plugin before installing a new one, so this is why you'd only find one installed instance on an user's PC.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: