cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Renewed Maintenance - Now Have Multple XML Licences. How to Install?

Garry S
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We've been using physical ESAs for years, but following this year's maintenance renewal we're moving to a couple of virtualised devices instead. We also licensed the AMP features.

I've installed the 'base' licenses from an XML file using loadlicense in the CLI and now have active feature keys installed for thinks like Incoming Mail Handling, Bounce Verification, etc. I also have a second XML file (generated through the licensing portal) which contains the AMP features. 

Given that I can only 'install' one XML file, how do I licence the AMP features? I can load it in via loadlicense, but it overwrites the licenses already installed.

Assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Garry

2 Replies 2

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to re-contact GLO in order to get them to merge the features into one XML.  The virutal must load the license that contains everything as needed in one XML.  Unfortunatley - the virtual appliance will not load the feature keys in a-la-carte style, like the hardware allows.

Please contact our Global Licensing Operations team:

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Home

Licensing FAQ

Phone: 1-800-553-2447, opt 3 (You may request to have a case opened for GLO/Licensing.)

Their email directly is: licensing@cisco.com

-Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your response. I've already got a case logged with the licensing team but the agent has been unable to assist. She has now escalated the case to the "IT Department" and told us to expect to wait 3-5 days for a response, which is slightly disappointing.